U.S. Global Investors is located in San Antonio, a lovely South Texas city that blends the American Southwest with the charm of Mexican culture. The Alamo City is proud of its rich history which dates back to Spanish settlers in the late 1600s.
San Antonio is also just a short drive away from the Gulf of Mexico where one can enjoy fishing and hundreds of miles of beautiful sandy beaches. San Antonio is just a short drive away from the beautiful Texas Hill Country and many scenic lakes, rivers and parks offering recreational activities.
Residents can entertain family and friends at our world-famous Riverwalk or watch the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs at the nearby AT&T Center.
Currently the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is an economically vibrant city with low unemployment and a high quality of life.
U.S. Global Investors is a learning organization which allows highly motivated people to fast-track their career and experience. This additional edge has allowed many of the industry’s best talents to propel themselves to the next level.
At U.S. Global Investors you’ll be exposed to some of the best ideas in the financial industry, which will provide a conceptual framework to transform your business knowledge into productive action.
We do this through a culture that emphasizes “how to think” not “what to think.”
U.S. Global Investors executives learn new approaches to capture value in a very competitive marketplace. We encourage, sponsor and support continuing education efforts and actively seek self-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial and share our desire to be the best.
U.S. Global Investors is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free environment.
Full-time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance
- Free health club membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company participation in IRA and UTMA accounts
- Business casual attire
Investment Operations Analyst
The position requires mutual fund industry experience and knowledge of industry regulations. Daily job duties include: monitoring failed trades and unmatched reports; processing private placements and legend removals; processing of daily trades and settlements; performing account reconciliations; and preparing related brokerage reports. Duties also include cross-training within the department to perform back-up functions, collecting and analyzing data to make recommendations to solve problems and participating in ad-hoc projects. Some of the daily activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the company’s investment team, outside broker-dealers and custodian banks to ensure timely and accurate communication of trades from trade entry through settlement.
- Monitors failed trade and unmatched report maintaining constant contact with counterparty brokers, trading desk and custodian banks.
- Coordinates private placement and IPO instruction and processing for mutual fund and offshore accounts, including legend removals for future sales.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation for mutual fund and offshore accounts, monitoring overdrafts, cash balances and claim compensations. Monitors daily holdings reconciliation for mutual fund account.
- Assists as BTM, providing support and backup to members of the Investment and Operation departments.
- Prepares reports for management, providing detailed supporting documents.
Our ideal candidate will be a high energy, motivated individual, who is committed to excellence. Work typically proceeds at a high pace and requires clear thinking and judgment on the part of the Investment Operations Analyst.
Education and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Experience in the financial services industry with a background in trade processing and reporting for mutual funds.
- Must have strong personal computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office products and familiarity with a variety of computer programs.
- Must be detailed-oriented and have excellent organizational capabilities.
Send Us Your Resume
If you would like to have the opportunity to become a valued member in a professional and challenging environment and enjoy superior employee benefits, mail or fax your resume, with salary history to:
U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
7900 Callaghan Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Fax (210) 308-1223: Attention: Human Resources.
You can also e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. After your resume has been reviewed and we believe that there is a potential match to our immediate openings, you will be contacted. If we believe that an appropriate match does not exist, we will keep your resume active for 90 days for future reference. We appreciate your interest in U.S. Global Investors and regret that we are unable to personally respond to each inquiry.