U.S. Global Investors is located in San Antonio, a lovely South Texas city that blends the American Southwest with the charm of Mexican culture. The Alamo City is proud of its rich history which dates back to Spanish settlers in the late 1600s.
San Antonio is also just a short drive away from the Gulf of Mexico where one can enjoy fishing and hundreds of miles of beautiful sandy beaches. San Antonio is just a short drive away from the beautiful Texas Hill Country and many scenic lakes, rivers and parks offering recreational activities.
Residents can entertain family and friends at our world-famous Riverwalk or watch the four-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs at the nearby AT&T Center.
Currently the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is an economically vibrant city with low unemployment and a high quality of life.
U.S. Global Investors is a learning organization which allows highly motivated people to fast-track their career and experience. This additional edge has allowed many of the industry’s best talents to propel themselves to the next level.
At U.S. Global Investors you’ll be exposed to some of the best ideas in the financial industry, which will provide a conceptual framework to transform your business knowledge into productive action.
We do this through a culture that emphasizes “how to think” not “what to think.”
U.S. Global Investors executives learn new approaches to capture value in a very competitive marketplace. We encourage, sponsor and support continuing education efforts and actively seek self-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial and share our desire to be the best.
U.S. Global Investors is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free environment.
Full-time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance
- Free health club membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company participation in IRA and UGMA accounts
- Business casual attire
Reports to the CFO. Responsible for oversight of financial statements and related disclosures for internal and external regulatory agencies. Establishes and implements accounting policies and procedures; performs a variety of management and general accounting functions in accordance with established company policies and procedures, with general acceptable accounting practices as well as appropriate governmental regulatory statutes.
- Ensures monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are prepared on a timely and accurate basis.
- Reviews monthly financial reports including variance analysis.
- Present financial data to management.
- Assists in the preparation of 10-Q and 10-K reports in coordination with the other departments.s
- With respect to corporate audits, is responsible for oversight, issues, status meetings and review.
- Reviews annual audited financial statements of USGB.
- Reviews annual Employee Stock Plan audit.
- Reviews compliance with loan covenants.
- Reviews/Prepares reports and other documentation to inform the CFO, Chairman, CEO, Board of Directors and The Board of Trustees at periodic meetings.
- With CFO, responsible for oversight of internal administration with regard to accounting, auditing, procedures, and all paperwork necessary for the Company to conform with generally accepted accounting principles as well as with appropriate governmental regulatory statutes.
- Analyzes accounting effects of material transactions affecting the Company in conjunction with CFO.
- Responsible for hiring, appointing, releasing, training, cross-training, motivating, evaluating and retaining a first-rate team of employees. In this connection, directs, reviews and appraises the performance of the employees immediately reporting and provides the necessary coordination between the activities of the organization.
- Responsible for the proper and effective delegation of work to team members, as well as providing effective training and skills enhancement for team members.
- Review payroll to ensure salaries, bonuses and payroll changes are accurately recorded and properly authorized.
- Act as liaison between Accounting, IT and software vendors (e.g. AccPac, and ADP).
- Assist in preparing and filing the USGB quarterly FOCUS reports with FINRA.
- Assist in the administration of the company’s 401(k) plan as a member of the committee.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Certified Public Accountant with a license to practice. Work requires a firm knowledge of accounting, financial and business principles and applications as obtained from a bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or business; a master’s degree is desirable but not required. Three to five years in public accounting desirable. Three to five years experience in management exercising decision-making, personnel management, and crisis management skills is necessary. Experience in a mutual fund related environment a plus. Requires the ability to establish and maintain communication with team members. Must be able to speak, write and listen effectively. Must be attentive to detail to ensure that work is accurate and error-free. Must be able to withstand the pressure of meeting deadlines, and pressures of reporting to the SEC, the public, the board and upper management. Requires the ability to organize concepts, time, manpower and materials. Able to interact and communicate effectively with company groups and individuals. Accordingly, a clean and professional appearance is mandatory. Requires high levels of energy, endurance, and patience. Requires flexibility, management skills, including planning, staff motivation and evaluation, and the ability to define, analyze, and solve operating problems. Undergraduate degree required in Finance, Economics, Marketing or Business Administration. MBA or master’s degree a plus. CPA required, Series 27 preferred, XBRL experience is a plus.
The Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting, accounts payable, and payroll functions in accordance with company policies and procedures including reconciliations, journal entries and other accounting and administrative duties.
- Responsible for accounts payable functions including but not limited to coding invoices and purchase requests, processing batches into AccPac accounting system (AccPac), mailing remittances and administration of invoices and spreadsheets.
- Performs variety of general ledger functions including but not limited to preparing, reviewing and entering journal entries into AccPac, reconciliation of bank statements and other balance sheet accounts, administration of reports, maintenance or records.
- Responsible for the Payroll function of the Company. Prepares and inputs payroll information into the ADP Resource system, maintains payroll records, records entries related to payroll in the general ledger, prepares payroll reports and schedules, submits all payroll related reports to the proper entities (e.g. 401K amounts, ESPP amounts) and ensures the company is in compliance with payroll laws and regulations.
- Assists with preparation of 10-Q and 10-K audit schedules within deadlines and annual audit by providing information and backup information to external auditors
- Assists with general administrative duties for department including processing customer deposits, data entry of daily statistics and data, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines for month-end close, filings and specific projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required. Three (3) to five (5) years of prior accounting experience including payroll experience. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with a commitment to meeting deadlines. Mutual fund related environment and/or brokerage is a plus. Accpac Accounting System experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office with Excel expertise and 10-key. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Send Us Your Resume
If you would like to have the opportunity to become a valued member in a professional and challenging environment and enjoy superior employee benefits, mail or fax your resume, with salary history to:
U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
7900 Callaghan Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Fax (210) 308-1223: Attention: Human Resources.
You can also e-mail your resume to email@example.com. After your resume has been reviewed and we believe that there is a potential match to our immediate openings, you will be contacted. If we believe that an appropriate match does not exist, we will keep your resume active for 90 days for future reference. We appreciate your interest in U.S. Global Investors and regret that we are unable to personally respond to each inquiry.