Please note: The articles listed below contain historical material. The data provided was current at the time of publication. For current information regarding any of the funds mentioned in these presentations, please visit the appropriate fund performance
U.S. Global Investors is located in San Antonio, a lovely South Texas city that blends the American Southwest with the charm of Mexican culture. The Alamo City is proud of its rich history which dates back to Spanish settlers in the late 1600s.
San Antonio is also just a short drive away from the Gulf of Mexico where one can enjoy fishing and hundreds of miles of beautiful sandy beaches. San Antonio is just a short drive away from the beautiful Texas Hill Country and many scenic lakes, rivers and parks offering recreational activities.
Residents can entertain family and friends at our world-famous Riverwalk or watch the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs at the nearby AT&T Center.
Currently the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is an economically vibrant city with low unemployment and a high quality of life.
U.S. Global Investors is a learning organization which allows highly motivated people to fast-track their career and experience. This additional edge has allowed many of the industry’s best talents to propel themselves to the next level.
At U.S. Global Investors you’ll be exposed to some of the best ideas in the financial industry, which will provide a conceptual framework to transform your business knowledge into productive action.
We do this through a culture that emphasizes “how to think” not “what to think.”
U.S. Global Investors executives learn new approaches to capture value in a very competitive marketplace. We encourage, sponsor and support continuing education efforts and actively seek self-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial and share our desire to be the best.
U.S. Global Investors is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free environment.
Full-time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company participation in IRA and UTMA accounts
- Business casual attire
Position opening: Paralegal
This position supports the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with the review of the activities of USGI, a publicly traded company, to ensure corporate governance documents and compliance with ethical and regulatory standards. The paralegal will also assist the CCO and CFO with various board reports, contracts, ad-hoc projects and monitoring the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Maintains the Class C common stock shareholder records and handles the related inquiries, transactions, communications to transfer agent, and files appropriate reporting documents with SEC.
- Calendar and attend board and committee meetings, as well as draft minutes and prepare materials and exhibits for consideration.
- Prepares resolutions and board consents and maintains minute books for USGI and its subsidiaries. Responsible for uploading documents, creating electronic linked agendas and board books, sending notifications, and maintaining records.
- Coordinates the quarterly and annually questionnaire process as required by Trust companies.
- Coordinates the annual applications process for insurance renewals and issuance of new policies.
- Responsible for coordinating timely EDGAR submissions with third party vendors.
- Assists the CCO with ensuring the firm is compliant with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies and maintains documentation of compliance.
- Assists with compliance-related training to all USGI team members. Assists USGI team members with securities transaction reporting.
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality and trust, while demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Provides administrative support to the Legal, Compliance, and Investment Operations Departments as needed.
This job description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Certification from an ABA approved paralegal training program or equivalent required. Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience working in a financial or corporate legal services environment.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Investment Company Institute letters and SEC rules and regulations.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively and to interact with composure and self-confidence in the executive environment.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must have excellent English reading and composition skills and ability to compose reports and correspondence.
Send Us Your Resume
If you would like to have the opportunity to become a valued member in a professional and challenging environment and enjoy superior employee benefits, e-mail your resume with salary history to email@example.com.
After your resume has been reviewed and we believe that there is a potential match to our immediate openings, you will be contacted. If we believe that an appropriate match does not exist, we will keep your resume active for 90 days for future reference. We appreciate your interest in U.S. Global Investors and regret that we are unable to personally respond to each inquiry.